Antitrust Enforcement in the Digital Economy – Current Trends in the EU
September 22, 2016 • Brussels, Belgium
Ends: 5:00 PM (CET)
Crowell & Moring, in collaboration with the Institute of Company Lawyers in Belgium (IBJ/IJE), is organizing a half-day seminar on September 22, 2016 to explore selected antitrust issues in the European digital economy. This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the latest legal developments at EU and national level, as well as sharing best practices on how to reduce antitrust risk in view of the increased scrutiny of European authorities.
- Where are we in terms of the European Commission’s e-commerce sector inquiry and geoblocking?
- How to steer online distribution activities clear of antitrust authorities?
- Can big data and online platforms be a source of competition concern?
- Can the increased use of preliminary measures by national competition authorities be of help to deal with antitrust issues in the digital economy?
Thomas Kramler, Head of the Unit in charge of the sector inquiry into e-commerce at DG Competition, European Commission, will provide the keynote speech. Crowell speakers include partners Salomé Cisnal de Ugarte and Thomas de Meese, and associates Judith Bussé and Emmelie Wijckmans from Brussels.
For more information, please contact:
- Salome Cisnal de Ugarte, Partner, Crowell & Moring, LLP
- Anne de Wolf, Institute of Company Lawyers (IBJ/IJE)
Contact: Carolina Sanchez (32.2.282.4082, CSanchez@crowell.com)